The purpose of this paper is to apply the concepts of epidemiology and nursing research to a communicable disease. This epidemiology paper includes the following and is aimed to:
- Describe the communicable disease (causes, symptoms, mode of transmission, complications, treatment) and the demographic of interest (mortality, morbidity, incidence, and prevalence).
- Describe the determinants of health and explain how those factors contribute to the development of this disease.
- Discuss the epidemiologic triangle as it relates to the communicable disease.
- Include the host factors, agent factors (presence or absence), and environmental factors.
- Identify at least one national agency or organization that addresses the communicable disease chosen and describe how the organization(s) contributes to resolving or reducing the impact of disease.
- Format: Standard
- Words: 1441
- Pages: 5.5
- References: 4