1) What type of bond has strong forces between atoms?
2) Classify the following reaction: Mg + 2HCl –> MgCl2 + H2
3) Ionic compounds are generally formed between…
4) How many bonds are present in PBr3?
5) How many unbonded electrons are in a Lewis Structure of water?
6) If a molecule has no unbonded electrons and three atoms bonded around a central atom, what is the shape?
7) When electrons are shared unequally between two atoms, the bond is called _____.
8) When an atom gains electrons, an ion with a ______ charge is formed.
9) What electron transfer creates cations?
10) Draw a Lewis Structure for SO3 and indicate how many unbonded electrons are present.
11) What type of bond forms things that are hard and difficult to crush?
12) ______ bonding produces substances that have luster.
13) In what type of bond are electrons shared equally?
14) What type of bond forms between two iodine atoms?
15) Draw a Lewis Structure for C2Cl2 and indicate how many and what types of bonds are present.
16) In what type of bond are electrons delocalized?
17) What type of bond forms between barium and oxygen?
18) Draw a Lewis Structure for SeO3 and indicate how many unbonded electrons are present.
19) Which type of bond is characterized by the transferring of electrons and positive and negative charges?
20) Draw a Lewis Structure for NH3 and indicate the shape.
21) The type of bonding that involves a transfer of electrons is _____.
22) Which is the correct Lewis structure for H2S?
23) What type of structure does the XeOF2 molecule have? The Xe atom is the central atom bonded to the oxygen and both fluroine atoms.