Skip to content
- The oldest bristlecone pines in the White Mountains of eastern California have reached the age of at least _____ years.
- Cork cells are ____
- “Hardwoods” ____
- “Softwood” is more homogeneous looking than “hardwood” in the microscope, because softwood has ___
- Secondary phloem can be found in the ____
- The term “bark” refers to ___
- A “knot” in a board is the result of _____
- The two lateral meristems include the _____
- The two cell types in the vascular cambium include ____ initials.
- The ___ replaces the epidermis as the protective covering of the secondary plant body.
- Cork cells _____
- Biennials are plants that _____
- Perennial plants have ____
- The vascular cambium _____
- Secondary xylem is the tissue we usually refer to as _____
- “Springwood” usually consists of _____
- Rays in the wood function in ______
- The wood of flowering trees like oak and maple _____